23 August 2007

TGIT

Wow! It has been one hell of a week, and it's only Thursday. Found out on Monday morning that the October 2007 couple's placement round for Peace Corps is mostly positions for certified teachers, so the odds are that lori and I won't get a position in that round. That means we'll have to wait until the February 2008 placement round, which means that we won't be leaving until late 2008 or early 2009. Ratchet the schedule back about 6 months, eh?

In some ways, it might be a good thing. We'll be able to save up some more and pay off some more debt. It'll also be nice to actually enjoy the house for awhile now that all the hard work is done. Que sera, sera.

Monday night, I started work at Chipotle (burrito making joint in EL). It's a really good time, but they've been really busy the last few days with all the students coming back to campus. I'm closing, which has been quite an adventure and has meant quite a lot less sleep. it didn't help that I closed three nights in a row (MTW). I'm going to be early tonite.

And, this is Lisa's (Jeff's other care giver) last week of work. Last day actually. So, I'm back to Monday through Friday with Jeff. It'll be about the same hours, though, and I don't really need Tuesday off now that I don't have any major house projects. The hardest part is going to be adjusting to working mornings five days a week, and then working evenings several more days a week. I think it will really throw off mine and lori's rhythms. It's always fun trying to adjust to a schedule change.

No comments: