18 August 2007

Titles are lame

Well, I'm sitting at Chipotle on Grand River. I just had orientation and I start work on Monday. Fun, fun. I definitely get 50% off of food and drink. Crazy. I'm excited. I think it'll be really fun place to work.

Being married is hard. That's what I have to say about that.

Soccer is fun, I'm sad that I didn't have a game this past week. I'm looking forward to Thursday. I don't know what I'll do when I can no longer take out my rage on grass and a little round ball. I never thought I'd enjoy that game as much as I have this summer.

I am currently coveting Paslode Cordless Framing and Finish Nailers. Owning them probably wouldn't make me happy, but it would be fun . . . and manly. Plus I could nail lots of stuff together with out having to carry around an air compressor. That's cool.

I wonder if they have cordless nailers in Peace Corps. Something tells me that the hardware stores in rural Central Asia wouldn't carry the little butane canisters and special nails.

I'm back to being Jeff's only caregiver. I hope it doesn't get overwhelming. It's been nice having someone else around and able to help. I think I'm also getting nervous about when I leave for good at the end of this year. I hope they find someone good to keep doing Jeff's care. I know it's going to be stressful. I suppose it's really good that I've been there for so long, until I have to leave and then they have to start over new. Isn't that life, though?

sorry for the randomness today. non-linear brain in action. Maybe I should go write some poetry or draw little pictures or something

No comments: