15 October 2007

Hmmm, it's been a busy and crazy month

So, it's been a little crazy in the last month. One September 20, Jeff, for whom I had done personal care for 4 years and 4 months, passed away. It wasn't entirely unexpected, but it was pretty sudden and shocking. I'm still kind of reeling from that. I've never had someone that close to me pass away, and I'm still realizing what it means to me.

Since then, I've done a bit of job searching, as I'm mostly unemployed. I'm also still working at Chipotle, usually daytimes, which I much prefer to closing (I'm closing tomorrow night and not looking forward to it . . . grrr). I have an interview a week from today at Auto-Owners Insurance, where Lori currently works. I'm pretty excited about that. I also have an application in for a position as Academic Staff at MSU, with the Youth Farmstand Project. It would be incredible if I got either position.

It also happens that my brother knocked up his girlfriend. Gol'darn virile youngsters. He's a senior in high school. She's a freshman in college. So that's been another mess. Woo-hoo!

In good news, lori and I are going with a group of folks from MSU to Bioneers in Traverse City. Both of us are super excited about it. If you don't know what is, google Great Lakes Bioneers. Basically, it's environmentalist, progressive, community-oriented, inovatively-motivated group of people that get together to talk about how to make the world a better place. It should be a great time.

In bad news, today is the last day of vegetable pick-up from our CSA share. Very sad :(. No more weekly vegetables.

More later, I guess . . .

No comments: